It’s a snowjam!

This year doesn’t feel like winter yet. At least when we look outside, there is no snow, it isn’t even really cold yet. But when I walked into the store yesterday and checked out this brand new limited edition I felt in a winter wonderland, if only just for a minute.

Essence-Winter-2013-Snow-Jam-Collection
Essence brand new limited edition is called “Snow Jam” and it is all based on winter sports, ski- and snowboard outfits and of course not to forget all the après-ski parties! The Snow Jam colours are purple, turquoise, petroleum green and frosty pastel colours. Are you ready for some winter fun?

snowjam001
The products that immediately caught my eye when I saw the collection the other day were the eye shadow sorbet. I have three from a previous collection and I’ve been very happy with those. The only down side that Essence has, is due to the fact that it is a low cost brand, in most cases it doesn’t provide any samples to try. So when I can home I looked up some swatches to see whether or not I could be persuaded to get these. And yes… after seeing the swatches I could not resist.

snowjam002
The sorbets do not have names, only a number. #1 is a pastel purple, #2 a pastel green and #3 is a petroleum/deep green. I would say the deep green is definitely my favourite. I has little silver particles in it. It’s so lovely.
The pastel colours applied give a very nice frosty look, perfect for these winter days.
snowjam003

At this point I have only tried swatching them on my arm, so I can’t really say anything about their duration on the eyes. But since this is a limited edition and there aren’t too many swatches available, I already wanted to do this article. I have to say the camera did not capture entirely the brightness of the pastel purple.
As some of you might know I have several allergies and I need to try every product out before actually apply them to my face (and so far so good). On my arm they had quiet a long duration. I would definitely suggest to work fast because ones they dry, they won’t move.

The collection will be in store during January and February 2013. I know this collection is available in Belgium and Holland, not sure about other countries. The eye shadow sorbets costs €2,49 each and contain 4,5g.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten