My winter skincare products (part 1)

Today I would like to talk to you about my current skincare routine. Since skincare does tend to depend on the seasons, the weather,… this is my skincare routine for winter.

It’s the beginning of February now, which here in Belgium normally is one of the coldest winter months. This year however it’s a very mild winter so far, it hasn’t been freezing, no snow… but I’m sure February still got a lot in store for us.

For all purposes, let me just say that my skin type is dry to very dry, especially during wintertime and also it is very sensitive. I really need to put each new product or if an existing product get a new formula to an allergy test before I actually can use it on my face or any part of my body for that matter. Those allergy test, I usually do those on my are since you are able to cover it up in case it goes a reaction.

But anyway, let’s get into my routine.
niveacreme_pr

The one product that has been with me for years and years and which has never failed me, is the Nivea Creme. It’s a product that basically goes with me everywhere I go and all the time. Since my skin is very sensitive, it is also very unpredictable. It’s possible I leave the house in the morning with normal skin (well as normal as possible) and by noon I have a reaction on something.
Nivea about the Nivea Creme: The original NIVEA Creme. A rich, creamy moisturizer that smoothes and softens every inch of skin. An intensive moisturizing solution for extremely dry skin. Can be used all over the body, and best for rough spots such as knees, feet, elbows and hands.
The formula is quite thick and greasy. Even though Nivea states it can be used on all skin types I would say it’s definitely more for the dry to normal skin types. It has got very high moistening properties which is definitely something my dry skin is very thankful for. Personally I wouldn’t recommend it for girls with oily skin.

I think it is also safe to say that is one of the brands that takes care of the sensitive skin. Even though the scent of Nivea products can be recognised by anyone, not one product of this brand has irritated my skin. So thumbs!

Like I said I’ve been using this product for years now, and I love it, but the quality of being this thick formula sort of became a nightmare for me when I became more interested in makeup. Due to the formula it takes a while to get absorbed into the skin, and when you’re in a hurry to get to work in the morning you simply don’t have that time. So on those days I would skip using the cream in the morning, and moisture thoroughly at night, until I discovered the Olaz essential beauty fluid…

Stay tuned for part two next week!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten